Steak has always been one of my most favorite foods in the world. I frequent the gym and for a post-workout meal, I need to have a lot of protein to help my muscle grow and recuperate.
Now, if you’re on the hCG diet, most people would completely shy away from steaks, thinking that this food is detrimental to their hCG diet plan. But, that is just a myth and there is actually a recipe out there that makes use of the humble beef steak. In fact, this steak recipe is very delicious and nutritious in that you can actually eat this dish even while you’re on phase 2 of the hCG diet.
In this article, I am going to share with you a recipe called the hCG Diet Peppercorn Steak with Tomato. Consider this dish a complete meal and in total, you only get around 180-200 calories. That is more than adequate enough to be in any of your meals during the day.
As with all other Steak dishes, the hCG Diet Peppercorn Steak with Tomato can be easily cooked and it only takes a few minutes (depending on how you want your steak cooked). So, without further ado, here are all the ingredients that you need in order to cook this amazing steak recipe:
- 100 grams of Lean Steak
- 1 Teaspoon of Lemon Juice
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Hot Pepper Blend
- 1 small or medium Fresh Tomato
- The first thing you want to do is brush the lemon juice on the steak itself. Make sure that all of the sides are covered to give you the best flavor possible.
- Next, sprinkle all of the seasonings (sea salt, black pepper, and hot pepper seasoning) and gently massage it on the steak. Again, make sure to incorporate all of the sides of the steak for maximum flavor.
- The steak can be cooked in two ways: Grilled or Broiled. It is up to you which you prefer, but I highly recommend grilling the steak as it will bring out the best in any steak.
- Now, depending on the size of the steak, you want to grill them until it is medium-rare (to me, medium-rare is the perfect cook on any steak). For a 100-gram of steak, it will usually take anywhere between 3-6 minutes.
- Slice the tomatoes thinly and line them up on the place.
- Place the cooked steak on the plate and garnish it with Parsley if you want and that’s it!
Again, this hCG Diet Peppercorn Steak with Tomato recipe only contains 180-200 calories depending on the size of the steak and other ingredients. This dish is very safe to consume even when you’re on phase 2 of the hCG diet.
Do not worry about the calorie content as it is very much within the bounds of the 500 calorie diet restriction of the hCG diet plan.