There are so many phases in the hCG diet. Phase 3 of the diet is a little bit more doable as the original 500 calorie diet restriction in phase 2 has been lifted, and you’re now ready to eat a little bit more calories (800-1800 depending on what your hCG dietitian said).
The hCG diet encourages you to eat healthier foods, because as I’ve said, in phase 2 of the hCG diet, you are only allowed 500 calories per day. Even though that calorie restriction has been lifted when you enter phase 3, the mindset that you’ve had in phase 2 will be carried over for the rest of your life.
With that being said, you’ve probably grown some fondness for vegetables. I am not a vegetable lover by any means before. I just stayed away from vegetables because I do not want its flavor at all.
That changed when I was beginning to feel heavy and that I feel I am not healthy anymore. If you’re on the hCG diet, it is of paramount importance to eat vegetables.
So today, I am going to share with you an hCG diet approved recipe for phase 3 of the diet. As previously mentioned, you can now bump up your calorie limit when you enter phase 3, so this recipe has a lot more calories than phase 2 recipes.
This recipe is the hCG diet approved Broccoli Cheese Soup. Broccoli is packed with a lot of vitamins and minerals, so it is just logical that we turn this into an amazing recipe, right?
This broccoli cheese soup recipe is surprisingly very easy to do. In fact, you can whip this entire recipe up in just 10 minutes! This is perfect for lunch and dinner and you can also share this soup with your entire family.
So, without further ado, here are the ingredients that you need to cook this hCG diet approved Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- 4 cups (or 1 carton) chicken broth
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Get a large saucepan and pour the chicken Broth in it.
- When the broth starts boiling, add the Broccoli.
- Let the Broccoli cook for 5 minutes or until the broccoli is tender. Make sure that it is cooked just enough so that the center is still crunchy.
- During the course of its cooking time, there will be small bits of broccoli that will fall off. Scoop these little bits and set them aside for now.
- After the broccoli is cooked, put them in a blender and turn it into a puree.
- Add the broccoli bits you’ve set aside earlier, then add cream and cheese. Serve and Enjoy!
This recipe is not only easy to make, but it is also guaranteed to be delicious. According to some people who have tried this recipe, their children also loved this recipe because it is cheesy, creamy, and there is no hint of the broccoli flavor in it.